Congratulations to the winners of our first Player Playwright short play contest of 2019.
The entry judged to be best the audience was The Busker in which a would-be Bob Dylan sings about the times a-changing but finds adjusting to a new world more difficult.
It was written by two co-writers: Rob Fearn and Cheryl Freedman
The runner-up was The Spicer Show by Jo Bhouri – a very switched on piece set in a very Alan Partridge type TV studio.
The theme for this contest was The Times They Are A Changin'
The full list of plays on the night and scores:
1. “Busker” by Rob Fearn and Cheryl Freedman – 140 pts.
2. “The Spicer Show” by Jo Bhouri – 137 pts
3. “Meet the Boss” by Matthew Partridge – 127 pts.
4. “Blight” by Julia Collier – 111 pts.
5. “Eleanor Rigby” by Anne Curtis – 106 pts.
6. “The Chill” by Jim Mannering – 105 pts.
7. “The Third Degree” by Barry Staff – Disqualified as it was over time.